Did you know that:
· You are more likely to be injured in low speed rear impact accidents than high-speed frontal accidents.
· Eighty percent of all auto accidents occur at 10 mph or less.
· Ninety three percent of auto accidents are due to driver error.
· If involved in an auto accident, you have a 50/50 chance of being injured.
· At low speed, vehicles are stiff; they bounce off each other. At high speeds, vehicles are soft; they crash.
· Any sudden impact, in which the body is thrust forward then back quickly, places an unnatural demand on the muscles, joints, and spinal structure supporting your neck and shoulders. The impact of an accident does not have to be severe to cause injury. Quite often, there may not be any damage to the car, yet the passengers inside experience the symptoms that indicate an injury. Cars are designed to absorb the impact, yet this force is transmitted to the passengers. This is much like the force experienced when one pool ball hits other.
· Your head position during impact can determine the severity of your injuries. Whether your head is straight or turned when your vehicle is struck, suddenly your head is thrown backwards. This forceful movement is not natural and can cause damage. If your head is turned, this can increase the severity of the injuries.
· It is wise to wear a seat belt to save your life, but it can increase the amount of injury to your neck. The seat belt keeps your body in the seat, but accentuates the force of whipping that your head and neck experience.
· Whiplash injuries produce spinal misalignments of varying severity.
· Symptoms may appear immediately or may take days, weeks and even years before they are noticed.
· Untreated whiplash injury will only worsen. There are many documented cases of arthritis and disc problems discovered in people’s neck or other spinal areas years after an accident.
· Only a professional trained to correct the problem can reverse the dangerous effects. In addition to seeing a medical doctor, consult a doctor of chiropractic, who has extensive training in the musculoskeletal system.
Do You Experience Any of the Following Problems:
· Shoulder/Upper Back Pain
· Leg Pain
· Numbness in Hands or Feet
· Sleeping Problems
· Muscle Spasms
· Mid Back Pain
· Painful Joints
· Low Back/Hip Pain
If you answered yes to any of the above problems, you may be suffering with a injury from an auto accident.